Ghorepani-Poonhill Treks (11 days)
Ghorepani-Poonhill trekking is one of the most famous trekking areas in Nepal. ,The trek offers the spectacular mountain scenery along with charming villages inhabited particularly by the Gurungs & Magars, dense rhododendron forests full of birds and deep sub-tropical valleys, all set below the Annapurnas with the picturesque peak of Machhapuchhare (Fishtail Peak) dominating the skyline.It is a rare combination of long arrays of snow capped mountains, crystal clear lakes, turbulent rivers with deep gorges, Buddhist monasteries, home of famous Gorkha soldiers and other friendly ethnic groups, as well as hot springs and beautiful villages.
One of the important highlight of this trip is to make a climb on Poon Hill, possibly the most spectacular mountain scapes on Earth. When sun rises, it touches the snow-capped summits the Himalayan giants, Dhaulagiri (8,167m) and Annapurna (8,091m) along with a maze of other peaks, there gradually appear, just like magic that your eye could not believe.
|Mode of Travel
|Number of Participants
|Style of Treks
Day 1 : Arrive in Kathmandu
Day 2 : Full day sightseeing in Kathmandu
Day 3 : Fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara. Half day sightseeing in Pokhara.
Day 4 : Trek from Nayapool (1700m) to Tirkhedhunga (1577m) 4-5 hours trek (3.5 Kms)
Day 5 : Trek from Tirkhedhunga to Ghorepani (2850m) 7 hrs trek (10-11 Kms)
Day 7 : Trek from Ghorepani to Tadapani (2540m) 7 hrs trek (11-12 Kms)
Day 8 : Trek from Tadapani to Ghandruk (1955m) 3 hrs trek (5 Kms)
Day 9 : from Ghandruk to Nayapul (1700m) 6-7 hrs trek (10-11 Kms) and drive back to
Day 10 : Fly Back to Kathmandu and sightseeing in Kathmandu
Day 11 : Departure from Kathmandu
* Airport arrival and departure by private vehicle
* Deluxe twin sharing accommodation in Kathmandu
* All local transportation by private vehicle in city
* Welcome dinner in one of the typical Neplese restaurant with the cultural and musical programs in Kathmandu
* Farewell dinner in one of the best restaurant in Kathmandu
* Sightseeing trip with English speaking city tour guide in Kathmandu as per itinerary with private vehicle
* Long journey by tourist bus as per itinerary (Opt. flight/Private vehicle)
* Pokhara to Nayapul & return by private vehicle before and after trek
* Meal on full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea & coffee) basis during the trek
* Accommodation on teahouse/lodge during the trek
* Trek leader (English speaking, First Aid and eco trained), Sherpa helper, all payments
* Sleeping bag & down jacket on hiring basis on request
* Exclusive medical kit bag
* All government and local taxes
* Intl. flight ticket re-confirmation.
* Departure taxes
* Excess baggage charges
* Lunch and dinner in city
* Travel and rescue insurance
* Personal expenses e.g. phone calls, laundry, bar bills & extra porters
* Tips for driver, guides and porters.